Monday, March 2, 2009

Awake at Last


"What do you mean?" I said (still a little foolishly) to the twig. "I am--uh--I am--uh--Well, I MUST be somebody!"

"
That is true." said the twig, "But WHO? I'll give you a little hint: King Arthur..."

"You Mean I AM KING ARTHUR?" I said in surprise.

"NO! King Arthur made YOU a knight and gave you a quest..."

"YES! I remember now! I am Sir Crabaine and my quest is to find the Box of Destiny..."

"Beneath the Tor ..." Prompted the twig.

"In the Perplex Plain!" I finished. "Of course! How COULD I have forgotten?"

"Crabs DO forget things here in the Perplex Plain--even IMPORTANT things." said the twig. "Now pick me up again and hold me close. Keep you eyes on the TOR and I will help you remember who you are and what you are doing! Now, let's GO!"


...


No comments: