Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Final Plan


 After a bit of thought Dog said: "Wolf, I believe you have it! It is so very generous of you to take such a risk after the way I hounded you all these years."

"Think nothing of it dear relative." Wolf replied graciously. "When and where shall we make our attack?"

"The mother of the, uh, tastiest baby usually carries it with her when she hangs out the family laundry to dry every sunny Monday morning. She lays it in a basket while she does her work. I believe you could race by, snatch and carry off the baby without being caught--I will give you most precise directions through the village."

 "In broad daylight? I like it, Dog! And then we can meet just outside the village and pretend to have a great battle with snarls, growls, barks and howls-- then  I will scamper off into the forest and YOU will return to the mother with her prize!"

"But now," said Wolf, "I think you should come with me into the forest to stay for a while. Your humans should live for a few days without your protection.  They will miss you and reward you more handsomely when you miraculously appear to make your daring rescue. I will show you how easily one can live off the land--in fact you might prefer it to living with your ungrateful humans, ha, ha!




...

No comments: