Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Meeting urchins


Deeper and deeper I went into the cave until I was completely surrounded by mean-looking spiny urchins.

No one said a word to me so I began a conversation with one of the largest, most evil looking of them.

"Hello, chum. I am looking for someone." I said--using the urchin accent I had learned in my youth.

"Oh yeah? Hey, boys, dis stranger is lookin' for somebody!" He replied. "An jist WHO might ya be lookin' fer, mate?"

"A old friend o' mine. A certain electric eel." I casually replied--they obviously had been fooled by my clever disguise.

"Only ONE eel is welcome around here, bud! Us urchins don't have no dealin's wit no electric eels!"

"That's the very eel I want." I said.

"He's the one we call 'The Electrician'. Heh! Heh!" choked the urchin with ugly laughter.

"Yeah. That's him!" I said, "How can I meet up wit' him?"

"Well, you in BIG luck, pal--'cause here he come right now! An' I hope you ready fer a real SHOCK! Heh! Heh! Heh!"


...

No comments: