Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The Casebook of Constable Crab p.27


We were soon IN the tide pool.

The water was fresh and clear.

I sauntered over to a scruffy starfish who was lying under a mossy rock near the shore and casually started a conversation.

"Hello there. Nice day isn't it. Have you been hanging out here long?"

"Hullo ", said the starfish, " Yeah, I been here all morning. Nuttin' much doing down here today! Say, you're Constable Crab, ain'tcha--what's happenin', Constable?"

"I'm here with my old friend Hermit Crab--seems like his house has gone missing--"

"Missing house, you say, well I haven't seen and houses running loose around here--hyuck! hyuck!"

"Well, you know old Hermit's habits, Mr. Starfish--his house was actually sort of an abandoned whelk shell."

"No kidding! I DID see a whelk shell a while ago--but it WASN'T empty!"


...


No comments: