Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Casebook of Constable Crab p37


"I was relaxing on the beach one sunny day when I heard someone call my name in an excited tone of voice. I looked in the direction of the call and recognized one of my young friends 'Sandy' Sand Crab.

Sandy came running up to me and breathlessly began to inform me about some what seemed to be a rather serious problem--I caught the name of Madam Claire Clam--but could not understand anything else.

STOP, Sandy! Slow down--take a deep breath--and tell me CALMLY what it is you need to say."

"Oh Constable! You must come quickly! Madam Clam is in GREAT need of your skill! Her famous pearl is GONE and probably STOLEN!!"

Well, this WAS serious news--and no small thing either!

Everyone knew that Madam Claire Clam was the proud owner of one of the finest and most valuable pearls in the entire world--The famous Plumbago Pearl!

I was immediately on my feet and hurrying toward the sea cove where Madam Clam had her home with Sandy scampering after me.


...

No comments: