Friday, December 5, 2008

Arthur the King


Striding toward me was a handsome, confident, king-sized man with a dangerous-looking sword held carelessly in his right hand.

Could it really be King Arthur?

I knew he was supposed to return whenever his people really needed him--but here? Now? ME?

"Your honor," I said, "My name is Constable Crab, and..."

"We have need of you." Arthur politely but firmly interrupted. "We intend to knight you and send you on a difficult but very necessary mission--a quest-- if you will accept it."

I liked this man!

"Of course, Sire!" I said, to get immediately into the spirit of the thing. "Gladly will I help you!"

"Will you promise to serve and protect all creatures?" he asked.

"Absolutely! In fact, that's what I always do!" I replied.

"Then
kneel please ." he said.

"O.K." I said, and did.

...

No comments: