Thursday, December 4, 2008

Sir Crabaine


Suddenly I was picked up and held--fairly gently--by a strong human hand!

"Ahhh--Here you are, Sir Crabaine--and right on time too!" spoke a surprisingly quiet but powerful voice.

"There must be some mistake, sir!" I hurriedly said, "My name is Constable Crab!"

"Oh? --So That is what YOU think! Ah, ha, ha! What strange ideas creatures have! Well, MY name is Merlin, and as you will soon find out--I am seldom wrong!"

"I really am--just Constable Crab! I have ALWAYS been Constable Crab!"

"Tut, tut!" Merlin scoffed, "Perhaps you HAVE been Constable Crab in the past--but here comes my friend and liege, Arthur Rex who is quite determined to knight you--if I understand the purpose of the great sword he is carrying. And THEN you will BE what you ARE--Sir Crabaine indeed!"

...


No comments: